Time to shred some notes and rock yo' soul!
Also art by
for being a bro and providing art for the witch.
Ear Gauge Thara Carlin Age:
20 (Born on November 17th 2005)Height:
5'9 (6'1 with platform boots)Species:
WE-NO, An electric guitar that doubles as a sheath for her sword and U-NO, A microphone stand that doubles as a pole-arm.Rank:
Gauge is everyone's big fun loving sister, and it's an air that she really loves. Whether it be just for a laugh, a serious talk or needing to bail out of, Gauge will always be there to help. However, don't expect her to be there for you 24/7. She is going to expect you to grow up and depend for yourself. They don't call it tough love for no reason, sugar. She's also a big trickster and loves to fool around whenever she has enough free time, be it with friends or by herself. But family always comes first before fun. She's also not afraid to get her hands dirty, given her work as a technician on the side.
Gauge's life prior to her idol-hood is a story of loss, personal growth and chances. Instead of being welcomed into the world with a warm blanket and a doctor, the young girl was left at the doorstep belonging to two young men. A surprise and rather cliched, seeing how both of them have been praying for a child to call their own, Gauge was welcomed into their arms and loved as soon as they brought her in. But as they picked up the tiny baby girl out of her basket, the couple gasped in surprise as the small child was missing her right forearm.
Nervous and scared at this revelation, the two rushed over to a hospital, having explained their situation and was quickly examined. And while the results came back showing that it'd been a birth defect, the baby still had a clean bill of health. The real question being was what to do with the child? Both men immediately knew the answer would be to adopt the child, but searching for Gauge's mother would take sometime, so while the child was placed in foster care, legal action was taken.
A year has gone by and after lengthy police searches, a couple of court meetings and occasional visits to the center, a biological match was found belonging to one Knee-High Socks Thara. Granted it took another two months to convince her to schedule a meeting with the hopeful adopters. And when the fated meeting came, the two men were greeted by a nervous and shaky teen. She told them all what had happened. From her family's well known status as mages to her stupid mistake of doing it unprotected with a spring break fling. The girl was tired of having to follow tradition and being kept under a strict line and she wanted to branch away from it, but not that far."I knew if I aborted her I'd never forgive myself, but if I kept her, where could I turn to?"
The now nineteen year old wept as she looked over at her soon to be two year old daughter. As both three guardians signed the papers, the men knew they couldn't just leave her in the condition she was now. For the next 7 years, the three lived together in an apartment, each providing for one another and helping Gauge grow up to be a healthy girl. It was also in this time that Knee-High completed college and got herself a degree in nursing. But as soon as it seemed that life was going well for the small family, tragedy struck again. A tornado approached their apartment and decimated everything, including Knee-High herself. As they searched through the pile that was once their home, the two men found her pale body pelted with debris as a crying Gauge begged for her mother to get up, the young girl teary eyed as she held onto her pocket watch, the source of her mother's magic.
Seeing the rest of the city in shambles and nowhere else to go, the surviving residents were taken aboard a boat that lead to Daten City. It was a shaky move at first, but with enough savings and money given to them by their home insurance, the three eventually moved into a new apartment and enrolled Gauge into a nearby school.
Throughout her school years, Gauge was given a rough time due to both her disadvantage with having only one full arm and her raising, which in turn lead her to becoming very defensive of her family and change her outer appearance with the hair style she has currently. Around middle school was where Gauge became interested in picking up music and magic. Seeing how she was the daughter of a mage, it was only a matter of time til she'd eventually bust out a spell or two. And after being exposed to a lot of music videos from the heydays of the 80's, Gauge knew that music would be her calling. There was a bit of a problem however; how in the heck was she gonna play with only one arm? Well, through one prosthetic arm and some jiggery-pokery with some spells she dabbled with, Gauge was able to fix up a decently working arm! And man did she love it!
Roll around to her high school graduation at a healthy age of 18, and Gauge couldn't be happier, getting not only valedictorian but a new electric guitar from her parents, but a surprise appearance from...MOM?!
Yup! The mage was back from the heavens above and couldn't be more proud of her daughter more than ever.
And with that chapter of her life finished, Gauge would then move on to what she calls the "Struggle" years. Already enrolled in college, Gauge knew that while her music skills were fine and dandy, she needed a back up job to fall back on in case her music went to shit. And she was sure that the magic industry already had enough people, so why not try mechanic stuff? I mean, hey, mechanical arm, works with an instrument that plugs into mechanical stuff, so fuck it, worth a shot, right? Besides, with college having a good engineering/mechanic program, she could totally give it a shot alongside her music.
Speaking of music, She was in a couple of bands! One was a simple weekend gig at a coffee shop which was just for kicks, but the one she spent a good time with after high school was one called Chorus Loin. Yeah yeah, terrible name aside, the two years she spent with them before calling it quits was a bit of a mixed bag. Firstly, the band was an all male group and the lead singer, Spike Bracelet was just oozing testosterone. Secondly, was the position she was given when she tried to audition for a guitarist. A groupie? Marketing chick? Fuck that noise, she wants to make crowd go crazy with her mad skills. After impressing most of the band with her skills and even getting Spike to shrug a bit, she was ready to go! And boy, did they suck at first. I mean, when one of your hit songs is titled "Kiss my Kill", you know you're preeetty sucky. But, Big Sis Gauge was here to make the crowd go crazy, and did they love her! Thanks to her skills, Loin Chorus was making their way to the top pretty fast. However, lead singer wasn't having it. It was a Halloween night and TerrorDome, one of the biggest rock concerts this side of OzzFest had come to Daten. And guess who landed the 13th spot on opening night. All jacked up and ready to go, Gauge was hyped beyond hype as she grabbed her guitar, slipped on her witch themed costume and...thoroughly denied to play."Listen here, groupie,"
Spike said as he glared down at her. "Chorus Loin is about me, got it? Me and my MEN. The only reason you're even strumming away on that guitar is for the PR and MY fans to go gaga for. So just sit back and let us take care of the real music."
Oh no, he didn't. Oh no he fucking didn't. Not wanting to cause a big commotion during one of their biggest gigs ever, Gauge turned the other cheek as he watched the band walk on to the stage greeted with applause. And with no lead guitarist, they were practically sitting ducks. So what the fuck were those asshounds going to play? A Stranger I Remain, of course. A song with that not only needs
a lead guitarist, but also has female vocals throughout the song.
She should've fucked right off into the opposite direction, but Gauge wanted to watch those fuckers fail. And boy did they. The beats were off as fuck and the singing was just nearing the edge of Chad Kroeger. She was honestly surprised that the boo's didn't come as soon as the first note of pre-recorded music didn't flow through the speakers. After a good minute, the boo's echoed throughout the stage as Gauge laughed at the band's expense. Then a cackle as tomatoes flew onto the stage. And then a gasp as she noticed people started to leave. Knowing they'd be laughing stocks, Gauge grabbed her guitar, plugged the bad boy and rushed onto stage.
And as soon as that her fingers touched those strings, the crowd started to clamor as they bore witness to Gauge's skills, especially when she belted out the chords to the beginning of I Believe in a Thing Called Love AND sung along with it, to which the crowd reacted too extremely well! And as the last chord was struck on her guitar and Spike crawled away in utter defeat, Gauge knew that this was a huge step in her music career. And boy was she right!
"Electrifying Witch Lights up TerrorDome!" "Tasty Licks and Tasty Kicks!" "Hail, Hail, The Wicked Witch!" These headlines and many more praised Gauge's eccentric guitar skills and over-all likeability. And while she was absolutely delighted with this, her band wasn't. More specifically, Spike wasn't. With his name sullied and his band "poisoned" in his own terms, furious that his "one time chance of fame" was "stolen" by her and demanded that she stepped down as a lead guitarist and return to her position as a groupie. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-Yeah, how about no, shit-lord? You wanna run yourself and everyone else to the ground? Fine. Go ahead and do that. If you're gonna be so fuckin' anal about having your precious spotlight stolen away from you, then go ahead and take it back. I quit."
Shortly after, Gauge watched as the months went by as the band of 4 turned to 1, each of the members revealing in interviews about their general dislike for Spike and his massive ego. Hard to think the guy is still going solo...
But with that part of her life done, Gauge set her guitar down and gave music a break, wanting to focus on her personal life for a bit. This included brushing up more mechanic studying, spending more days with her mom and learning more about her magic side, and even welcoming a new little sister into her life thanks again to her wonderful parents.
Cut to a few months later and word gets to Gauge about an idol group looking for recruits. Idols? They were about music stuff, right? Oh, this'd be awesome! She'd just show them her guitar skills and then- ohwaittheyweremostlyvocalright? fffffffffffffUCK. Well, it doesn't hurt to try out right? Besides, there was that group of chicks who sung to metal chords, right? And she had some sort of singing talent, right? And nearly everybody needs a mechanic, so if worst was to come she could always help out and provide some lighting/special effects stuff. So with a deep breath and confident stride, Gauge approached the three and showed off her stuff, some guitar riffs here, some singing there and of course a quick rundown of her mechanic experience including her self constructed arm. Call it luck, or call it nervous hope, but Gauge was accepted as the fourth member of the PLS crew. And so began a new journey for the 20 year old! A journey sure to be filled with action, adventure, thrills and maybe a few high risk battles here and there! Either way, Gauge is ready to tackle the future!
"Heaven or Hell, Ladies and Gentlemen! Let's rock!"Relations with others:
Upon first meeting, Gauge was a bit nervous of Stud seeing how she knew her shit while she was a simple freshman when it came to idol stuff, but after getting to know her a tad more and getting chummy with the rest of the group.Maseukeu:
Holy Moses, what an absolute cutie! Gauge thinks of Masku like a little sister, and half of the time forgets that the tiny little blueberry is nineteen. But shortness aside, Gauge see's the potential in Masku and is always there to cheer on for her band-mate.
Couldn't have asked for a better person deserving of the title "Mom". She accepts the mistakes she has made and has come to love her ever so much. If you ever go through Gauge's phone, expect to see mostly selfies of these two.
- Making music
- Her fellow bandmates
- Spicy food
- Her prosthetic arm
- Horror games
- Any form of Rock, especially 80's rock
- Pulling pranks
- Homemade food
- Her work (Both outside and inside of music)
- Electronic music
- Any form of reptile or amphibian, tbh
- Witch stuff
- Her band-mates
- Menenists ("HA! No seriously though, fuck off, buddy.")
- Lonely people
- Over sweetened stuff
- Lazy workers (JUST....DO IT.)
- Anime to an extent ("HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE THESE FUCKERS TO FIND A GODDAMN TREASURE CHEST??")
- Started off as an I-NO expy but slowly became something more.
- Outside of her idol work, she carries around a pair of reading glasses. Thank the lord for colored contacts and goggles other wise she'd be going on stage with one hand on her glasses.
- Is a sucker for selfies and vines, especially band shenanigans. Girl just loves to have fun, what can she say?
- Still keeps in contact with a few members from Loin Chorus, but Spike can fuck off a bridge for all she cares.
- Her vocals and guitar skills are akin to this lovely gem
- Bisexual to a slight tinge. Guys are nice but man, there's a lot of pretty girls in the world. She just likes looking, ok?
- The one person you'd never expect to be a craver for cuddling.
- Demisexual as well.
- Has an albino Burmese Python named Lovehunter, A tarantula named Ellory, Two rabbits (Zipper and normal) named Sensei and Tim-Tam, and a Thai cat named Varla. The last three are being taken care of by her mom.
- Speaking of her mom, she and her are doing great! They have Bi-weekly meet ups every so often and their bond has slowly become more and more caring over time.
- One of her favorite pranks to pull when meeting new people is having her am fall off after shaking someone's hand. It always gets a laugh out of her and it never gets old for her.
- Monster girls/boys are her actual weakness, please don't judge her for her trashy needs in life.
- You don't choose the witch life, the witch life chooses you. And gives you some of the best casual wear clothes ever.
- Outside of work and college, Gauge does regular yoga exercises. Keeps the body in shape and the booty in place. B)
- Knows English, Spanish and some Japanese and Chinese. She's also picking up ASL. You never know when the situation will strike!
- WE-NO and U-NO started off as simple props but with through the magic power of sheer boredom and a few spare parts, Gauge made these two ridiculous weapons a working reality. Some call it a waste of time and energy, she calls it dedication.
- Current pet project is making animatronic witch hat that she can wear and have it work as a recorder/speaker. And maybe some cars. Cars are really cool.
- It's name is Stampy if you ever ask.
- Gauge didn't get her namesake imbedded her until she was 11. For the time being, she always wore her dad's gauges around her fingers like rings.
- Nothing personal against demons and angels, but she's got a lot on her plate personal wise before she can worry about which set of wings she'll be getting if the time ever comes.
- Chumhandle: engagedWitchlover
- Her family consists of her two dads, Turtleneck and Sweatpants Carlin, her mom Knee-High and her adopted sister Crop-Top. "It's a pretty branched family, I gotta admit, but nonetheless, I love them all! They've supported me through the good and the bad and were actually pretty accepting of this Idol stuff, so even more props to them!"
- Keeping with the theme of blue in her band, WE-NO and U-NO are a nicely painted blue. And you can't be a witch without some blue duds as well, now can you?
Gauge, Knee-High -